Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy, but old

I'm happy that we've got a sizeable contingent of friends from university living in town, 3 of whom are literally a stone's throw away. (Assuming I could throw well.)

It also makes me feel happy to see the evidence of existence of really old friends I haven't seen in a millenia. It makes me wonder, though, how old I would look to them now. I'll ask next week when Amy and I visit my high school best friend Michelle and her family back in Brampton. The cumulative indignities of time are less evident in me to the folks I see regularly (or at least every few years), but it'd be many years all at once for those who I haven't seen since my teen years.

I'm still wrapping my mind around two things I've learned recently:
1. The new Michelle Callender paradigm: Mother of two!
2. The mischievous urchin Sarah Fox: professional bass guitarist!

Upon further investigation, both Ryan and Dane from B-town have gone on to careers in music. *sigh* D'ya see, 17-year old me! It IS possible to do music for a living... You don't have to do Physics and Math if you don't really enjoy it. Ah well...

It'll be even more fun to see folks in yet another 15 years! Woo, Time!! At what point will I be required to sport a pipe?

Current music: Anoushka Shankar - Sinister Grains

No comments: